Multimodal Creative Project

I wanted to portray a piece of art that would represent power. I thought about doing something on a person climbing a ladder to show that they were advancing in the hierarchy of power, but it seemed to be obvious. Instead, I resorted to a triangle. I chose the triangle because it is said to be the strongest shape. When choosing the colors, I related them to the topics I wrote about. This piece focuses more on the control aspect of power. The different colors represent different forms of control. The red represents the need to get things done and be successful. Red control gets results by dominating. Green represents the need to do the right thing the correct way. Green control requires predictability and order by having rules in place and being organized. The blue represents the need to protect. Blue control is achieved by doing things in a way that will avoid conflict. And finally, I chose the background as black because it is a color of power and sophistication. I chose this idea over the ladder because everyone can interoperate the drawing their own way. Someone else may say that the black background represents the reasons that they don’t have power and the colors are the different ways that they can achieve it. Red would represent confidence, green balance, and blue responsibility. The interpretation would depend on the person and what they need at the current moment.

The purpose of this was to create an eye-catching poster with basic information that wouldn’t take long to read. It gives a basic idea of what I wrote in the paper without having to read a whole essay. This poster talks about communication and connections. Effective communication is key to getting others to listen to you. And creating connections with people will help you in the long run to reach the top.